Monday, December 20, 2010

The Dress Search

One of my goals for winter break in Minnesota is to find my wedding dress. I've been to three stores so far, and have found a lot of dresses that I really like. My problem is that they are all very different dresses and I am a very indecisive person! (And, Erik, don't worry. The dress in the photo isn't one of the dresses I'm considering. But, it was the FIRST wedding dress I ever tried on at Dena Marie Bridal in Roseville, MN)

After looking at three stores, we've cut off the search. Going to more stores will only confuse me more. Now I just need to decide between two really great dresses. On all those wedding shows you see the brides putting on dresses and then they start crying because they "just know" that the dress is "the one." I am not one of those brides. I'm not saying anything against them, I'm just stating that I don't have the convenience of "just knowing." To me, I'm weighing the pros and cons of both dresses (I have not made an actual list, though I've considered it). Kyla (one of my bridesmaids) and I have decided it is because we are scientists. We have the blessing/curse of being too rational and can't be moved to tears by a dress.

Tonight I've got another appointment to visit one of the Top Two dresses. I'm partially hoping to be "moved" so that I can make an easy decision. I also think it's too bad that the Top Two are at different stores. This eliminates being able to try them on back-to-back and really make a comparison. Tough choices!

Edit: The dress shopping appointment was canceled for tonight. We got another dumping of snow, and with all the traffic it would have taken FOREVER to get to the shop. Going on Thursday instead. Now I've got more time to think on this...

1 comment:

  1. As you probably looked gorgeous in most of them, maybe go with what feels the most comfortable while walking around and sitting.

    ReplyDelete