I got the confirmation that our caterer received our contract/deposit yesterday. They're associated with our venue, so I assume the venue got their deposit as well.
We're getting married at the Minnesota Zoo on August 25, 2012!
Our ceremony will be on the Lakeside Terrace. You can sort of see the little arch in the background where we would be standing (without the snow, of course!).
Then, for the reception, we will go inside to Discovery Bay. Excitement!!!!! The dance floor would go in the foreground, and the tables would be in the open area behind the open pool (or interactive estuary, as it is actually known at the zoo). The head table goes right up by the dolphin tank!!!! Eeeeeeeee! :)
So cool!!!!
This was during our tour back in December. The Zoo was our first choice from online searching. As shown by our smiles, we could tell that we didn't need to look anywhere else!
Photos by LLB
Congrats!!!! That's so exciting!!!! It's going to be beautiful and fun and fantastic!
ReplyDeleteWonderiffic! Here's "Advice from a Dolphin"
ReplyDeleteHave a playful spirit.
Be curious.
Find someone you really click with.
Sound out new ideas.
Glide through the day with ease.
Find your life's porpoise.
Jump for joy!
It's official- just watched the wedding of William and Kate. Loved their smiles!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the cute poem, Mom! (Sorry for the late response... just updated my settings to have Blogger email me when I get comments. Until now, it was just luck if I happened to check each post or not)
ReplyDelete