Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dress & Shoes

When Erik and I were back in Minnesota in July, I was able to drop by the Wedding Shoppe and pick up the wedding dress.  It fit, and looked great in white (the sample dress was gold/champagne), so I was pretty darn happy.  Also while there I got a better idea of what I want in my hair, but am also determined to either make one myself or find a reasonable flower on Etsy.  Bridal boutiques charge way too much for my tastes, not to mention for my budget.

Sorry if you were hoping for a sneak peak!  Erik wants to be surprised, so I can't post actual pictures here.
Also while home, some wedding shoes that I ordered arrived.  Yay!  I could try them on with my dress.  However, I should have known that there is no way that I can walk in 3-4 inch heels.  Not a chance.  So I sent them back (yay for Zappos' 365-day return policy with free shipping!).

Murphy (recent addition to the Julie/Erik household) is also excited to be getting shoes. :)
It wasn't until recently that I got back into online shoe shopping, because I was fairly disappointed in the variety of shoes available in the 1-2 inch-heel category.  It seemed that no matter how hard I searched the shoes I could walk in were too chunky or awkward, and the shoes I have absolutely no chance of walking in were oh-so-pretty!  That was until I found these babies...

Cute, but just not the right purple for me.
Unfortunately, the really nice purple color shown online doesn't quite match reality.  They were a nice purple, but they were too dark for what I had in mind.  Then I noticed that the same pair of shoes was available in white (and on sale!).  I'm pretty happy with these shoes, and can't wait to jazz them up a wee bit with some DIY purple flower shoe clips!

Probably my wedding shoes, but with a 365-day return policy I could always change my mind.

3 comments:

  1. Hope they are as comfortable as they are cute! Next time at store, sure Murphy would appreciate a paper grocery bag, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 5th Anniversary to you both!!!!!

    ReplyDelete